The Ghana National Fire Service in the Central Region says most of the domestic fires recorded in the region often caused by damaged gas cylinders .
The Service is worried that households are negligent of basic steps needed to ensure that cylinders at home are safer.
According to the Central Regional Fire Commander ACFO Grade 1 John Amarlai Amartey, they are worried by the increase in domestic fires caused by gas cylinders.
The service says this is due to neglect on the part of households in the following of some safety tips needed in ensuring the safe usage of cylinders.
The Regional Commander says the issue of domestic fires being the lead cause of fires in the region is a worrying trend .
The Regional Commander mentioned this to Obaatanpa News Mireku Nyampong after he paid a working visit to the Winneba Fire Command to get better acquainted with the happenings there.
On the issue of vehicular accident, the Effutu Municipal Fire Service Commander, DO2 Kwesi Hughes bewailed the high rate of vehicular accident on the Kasoa Cape-Coast Highway and thus urged drivers who ply on the stretch to respect road signs and human life in a bit to curb the menace.